At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Process Safety Engineer facilitates Process Safety risk management by supporting line management and shop floor staff to identify, analyze and evaluate process safety, health and environmental risks, implement process safety engineering toolbox guidelines and corrective actions within the North American sites.
- Provides process safety expertise & guidance to operations while ensuring key stakeholders are fully involved such that the resulting risk controls & programs are owned by the “end users.”
- Carry outs process safety internal audits and oversees corrective actions to drive continuous improvements regarding Process Safety within the region.
- Audit key elements of process safety to ensure processes are being followed and are working as intended.
- Impart training on Process Safety risk assessments, work-place risk assessments, job safety analysis throughout sites within the NA region.
- Carry out incident investigations and apply root cause methodologies to identify the relevant preventative & corrective actions.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of Process Safety Management Systems
- BS or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related degree is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Process Engineer, Process Safety Engineer, Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer, or a related role in a chemical manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with OSHA PSM, Risk Assessments, or other Process Safety regulations/activities is required.
- Previous experience in a batch/specialty chemical environment is preferred but not required.
- up to 40% travel is required.
The salary for this role is $100,000 - $120,000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.